1. How do painters, sculptors or architects create different textures on their work?
2. Why is design important for an artist! For an observer?
In: Civil Engineering
what is Kant’s basic approach to morality in general, the different formulations of the Categorical Imperative, and actions that are deemed morally wrong via the Categorical Imperative
1) ABC Ltd is considering a project which will require the purchase of a machine for RO1,000,000 at time zero, this machine will have a scrap value at the end of its four - year life: this will be equal to its written - down value. (25% declining balance writing - down allowance on the machine each year). Corporation tax, at a rate of 30% of taxable income, is payable. ABC Ltd's required rate of return is 12%. Operating cash flows, excluding depreciation, and before taxation, are forecast to be: Time (year) 1 2 3 4 Cash flows before tax 300,000 500,000 400,000 200,000 Note: All cash flows occur at year ends.
2) XYZ Company is considering the purchase of a new
machinery which will result in a capital outlay of RO25,000. The
machinery is useful for five years. The expected salvage value at
the end of its useful life is RO4,000. It is expected that the
machinery will fetch an additional income (Cash flow before tax) of
RO5,000 (Year 1), RO7,500 (Year 2), RO10,000 (Year 3). RO5,000
(Year 4) and RO5,000 (Year 5) during the five years. The tax rate
is 109. Assume that the company is expecting a minimum rate of
return of 12%, Will you recommend the purchase of machinery? (Use
You have found a mutual fund that you would like to invest in that will earn 5% annually. If you invest $1000 each year for the next 10 years, how much will you have at the end of those 10 years, approximately?
Stern Associates is considering a project that has the following
cash flow data. What is the project's payback? Show Work!
Using c++, Write a program to perform the multiplication of 10 consecutive number starting from 5?
Write a program to perform the summation of 10 even number starting from 2?
Write a program to perform the summation of 10 odd number starting from 2?
Write a program to perform the summation of 10 number starting from 2 and increment is
given by user?
Write a program to combine all operations from 1 to 4 in a single program using ‘Switch’
statement. Ask user whether they want to continue or not after one run of the program.
In: Computer Science
1. You are designing software for a voting booth. Please create pseudocode for a modular program that:
- Takes in a user inputted integer for age. If their age is below 18, display "you are too young to vote"
- Only If their age is high enough, please ask them which candidate they wish to vote for. Valid options are "dog", "cat", "horse"
- If they did not choose a valid option display "you did not choose a valid option"
- If they were old enough and chose a valid option display
"You voted for <name>" where name represents the candidate they chose
You may create modules / functions as you please but there must be at least 2 modules or functions and they must be meaningful. You can not just group arbitrary statements to gether.
Make sure to test our your solution on your own by plugging values in before submitting the pseudocode for the program.
2. Define a function in pseudocode named 'passwordChecker'that has one String parameter named password and returns True if the password was 'batman' or 'robin' and False if the password was anything else. You do not need to display anything or create any modules. Just simply a function definition.
In: Computer Science
Design a concrete mixture that has a 28 day compressive strength of 4000 psi and a maximum size aggregate of 0.75 in. The concrete would be placed in a column exposed to freezing and thawing and will be in contact with a soil that has a sulfate content of 0.3%.
Step 1: Assemble information from specifications and local materials
Use any type and assume a specific gravity of 3.15
Bulk Specific Gravity (BSG) – 2.65
Absorption Capacity – 1.5%
Surface Moisture – 1.0%
Dry-Rodded Unit Weight = 105 lb/ft^3
Bulk Specific Gravity (BSG) – 2.75
Absorption Capacity – 1.0%
Surface Moisture – 3.0%
Fineness Modulus – 2.7
Step 2: Select Slump
Step 3: Determine the maximum size of the aggregate
Step 4: Estimate the mix water and the air content
Step 5: Choose the water-to-cement ratio
Step 6: Determine the Cement Content
Step 7: Estimate the Coarse Aggregate Content
Step 8: Estimate the Fine Aggregate Content for a cubic yard
Step 9: Adjust for Moisture
Step 10: Summarize batch proportions in a table
In: Civil Engineering
Program a function to compute the forward kinematic matrix based on the robot’s DH parameters. You should have the following function:
DH contains all the DH parameters
In: Computer Science
Business (Ethics) and the use of Normative Theories.
You've been engaged by an IT company (Coastal IT) as an independent Ethics Consultant. Coastal IT's ethic problem is: They have moved all their technical and support rescources to an off shore company based in India to reduce costs. This means four local staff have been made redundant and morale is very low and client work is behind as the new staff get trained. Coastal IT's customers have NOT been told of this move either.
a) Choose an appropriate normative theory? (Approx 400 words).
b) Discuss the application of that theory? (Approx 200 words).
Due 29 April 2020
In: Operations Management
What is the distinction between institutionalized and isolated discrimination? Can discrimination be unintentional as well as intentional? Explain your answer.
Which 1H NMR peaks will be key for discriminating (E)-stilbene from mesostilbene dibromide?
Waiters, Inc. has been manufacturing 10,000 units of part 2050 per month, which is used in manufacturing one of its products. At this level of production, the cost per unit to manufacture part 2050 follows:
Direct materials $10.00
Direct labor 25.00
Variable overhead 13.00
Fixed overhead 12.00
Westbrook Company has offered the sell Waiters 10,000 units of part 2050 for $55 a unit. Waiters has determined that it could use the facilities presently used to manufacture part 2050 to manufacture produce RAC, which would generate an additional contribution margin per month of $50,000. Waiters also has determined that one-third of the fixed overhead will be incurred even if it purchases part 2050 from Westbrook and makes product RAC.
Determine whether or not Waiters should purchase from Westbrook. Assume that Waiters would take the opportunity to make product RAC.
Write the thesis proposal in "Effec of CSR on financial performance of companies "?