In: Operations Management
Pros, Cons, and usefulness of the Charismatic leadership theory?
1. With the emotional appeal, people show the eagerness to listen and follow the leader
2. It can help the people to think in the most different way, they can believe someone’s word as the strong message
3. The retention within the organization is quite stronger with this type of leadership
1. The focus of the people may be more intense only on charisma as it may affect the work standard. It is also required to maintain the efficiency of the work process in the organization
2. With the theory of the charisma, the people often get addicted to the views or style of any leader and never validate the process of leadership, but later it may find that the leader is not charismatic
3. The leader may be tired of maintaining or appearing charismatic in all the dealings within the workplace, and on the other hand, the organization's staffs may be more irritated while always following the charming leader
1. It is beneficial in maintaining the work standard of the organization as the charismatic leadership enhances the togetherness as all the staffs working in the organization shares the same thoughts as the leader decides.
2. All together with charismatic style working with full spirit and obtaining the freedom to work in the organization is very useful. The organization gets the best experience to maintain the standard as the employees are boosted so naturally that the workplace always demands work and with the charismatic style of leadership work becomes more interesting to perform with the best delivery standard.