One of the most reliable leadership
development tools in today’s complex business world is Leadership
Practices Inventory (LPI). It is a 360 degree assessment tool that
measures five leadership practices and inspires leaders to build
positive relationships and make amazing tasks happen.
Pros of Leadership Practices
- It provides constructive
- It gives access to data in order to
determine lack of progress.
- It gives breakthrough insight to
desired skills to become extraordinary leader.
- It gives recognition that supports
- It provides the guidelines to take
- It generates development
- It is effective approach towards
developing extraordinary leaders.
- The findings are consistent.
Cons of Leadership Practices
- It restricts from giving
- It is an indirect approach.
- Validity of answers is not
Usefulness of Leadership
Practices Inventory (LPI):
- It gives quantitative base to
required qualitative data.
- Feedback can be used to improve
- It helps in solving problems.
- It helps leaders to identify their
own problem and determine the most appropriate solution.
- It is used by individuals as well