In: Operations Management
Pros, Cons, and usefulness of the Charismatic leadership theory?
Following are the advantages and disadvantages of the charismatic leadership theory--------------
1. Increased employee loyality--------charismatic leader motivate and inspire the employee. leaders can encourage and increase employee loyality and commitment.
2. Higher productivity----------these leaders are skilled at gaining the trust and respect of those who they manage. the effect of this have a high probability of spurring increased productivity and better quality work.
3. A charismatic leader can create vision of the organization that leads the industry. the right type of motivation and vision can boost people ability to get the job done more effectively.
4. it can create greater sense of togetherness and unity in the organisation.
5. it can also boost employee moral and productivity.
1. The company would suffer if the charismatic leader leave the company.
2. They have lack of clarity.
3. charismatic leader does not make judgement on whether the vision is good or sustainable.
4. charismatic leader can slip into arrogance or tunnel vision. leader and his follower can simply focus on vision without re-examing its validity or attainability.