In: Operations Management
Corporate Social Responsibility one example is Pfizer and the City of New York London, Connecticut. Please give another instance of poor or good Corporate Social Responsibility.
THIS QUESTION FALLS UNDER BUSINESS ETHICS
Tata group in India has good record on corporate social responsibility (CSR).
Tata Group has a turnover of more than $ 100 bn and has presence across sectors like automotive, steel, Information technology and retail.
Tata group has set up Tata Foundation for carrying out its CSR activity. The foundation does work in following areas:
1. Setting up several learning Institutes of high eminence like Tata Institute of Social science, Indian institute of Science (IISc)
2. Setting up leading cancer hospitals like Tata Memorial hospital
3. Tata's have set up various sporting institutes to help budding sportsmen.
4. Tata's have set up infrastructure initiatives around its factories in Jamshedpur like setting up solar street lights, maintaining parks, maintaining roads etc
5. Tata have provided significant funds to Prime minister's relief funds in case of emergencies and disasters
5. Tata have set up technical skill enhancement institutes around its factories at subsidized rates
5. Tata provide scholarships to meritorious students and provide them with internship in its companies.