In: Civil Engineering
Produce a report detailing the planning process for an OLE construction activity (min 600 words), using a recent work as the basis for the report. The report should detail the following: • Strategic planning process for engineering possessions
• Planning of engineer’s trains and on track plant
• Ordering and supply of materials
• Manpower requirements
• Road rail machines requirements
• Possession arrangements
• On track plant detailed plans
• Interface with other engineering functions
• Isolation of Traction Supply
• Bill of quantities for activity
• Manufacture, order and delivery of OLE components
• Pre-assembly / delivery of components
• Detailed construction activity
• Work activity Plan (Gantt Chart
) • Progress reporting arrangements
• Risk Assessmen
t • Disposal of waste materials
• Mechanical checks carried out prior to opening to service
• Electrical checks carried out prior to opening to service
• Collation of as built records
• Handover from constructor to maintainer
OLE CONSTRUCTION project should have following as in project report :
To lead and direct a team of construction operatives in the delivery of OLE schemes of work. Ensuring all works are planned, delivered and completed to statutory legislation, Network Rail Group – Company Standards, together with MECX Group management systems, processes and procedures.
Ensuring that works are delivered on time and within budget.
To promote an environment of best practise and safety lead, providing a focal point to both internal and external customers.
Provide close liaison between project staff and customer/client.
Principle Accountabilities Include: