Covid-19 is transmitted by the corona virus SARS-Cov2
Potential risk is
someone is asymptomatic for this infection:
- SARS-Cov2 has it's incubation period of 1-12.5 days. If a
patient who is Positive for covid-19, he will spread the virus
through droplet infection or air borne until he has the virus in
him. Potential risk is that if a patient is
asymptomatic, we might not know whether the patient has covid-19
and remains undetected. This can be dangerous because some ofnthe
studies show that an asymptomatic covid-19 patient can spread the
infection through air or droplet. The studies are not very relevant
but there are chances that the disease can be spread by an
asymptomatic patient. So if he is Positive and undetected there
would be uncontrolled spread of the disease as he takes no
minimize spreading, Standard precaution:
is general precautions to be used by everyone
- Practice social distancing- keep a minimum distance of
2 meters while talking to anyone outside you family.
- Stay indoors and avoid going out
- Avoid social gatherings
- Always wear a mask when going out
- Use soap or hand wash everytime. Wash hands for at
least 30 seconds
- Use sanitizer frequently
- Avoid touching public places or using public
- Avoid foods from outdoors
Transmission-based precautions are those precautions
which are taken on the basis of nature of transmission of virus.
- Quarantine Patients. Avoid contacting them.
- Give separate room and toilet for patients
- Quarantine people who has contact with patient
- Quarantine people coming from other places where there is
- Use PPE(Personal protective equipment) kit by people who are in
risk o f exposure.
- Clean rooms and equipments used by patient
- Limit transport of patient
recommendation and rationale:
Covid-19 doesn't have specific treatment protocol. The main aim
is symptomatic treatment.
- Give Aspirin or NSAIDs for patients with fever
- Provide oxygen mask for people who are breathless
- Anti-histaminic drugs are given for cough
- Anti coagulants are given to reduce hyper coagulability
- Close monitoring of at risk patients like patients with severe
illness or those with other conditions like respiratory,
cardiovascular, renal or hepatic or other conditions.
- Old age and new borns are closely monitored
- Good diet and water is very important
- Anti viral drugs approved by FDA is given for severe