In: Computer Science
Four Full pages double spaced on What are ICS and SCADA systems?
Historical instances of attacks on industrial control
Recent attacks on ICS: What vulnerabilities were exploited? What types of IT systems were compromised? What technical controls can be implemented to prevent attacks? Protecting ICS systems: What controls can be implemented to prevent attacks? Are there any published standards for protecting ICS? All the work should be cited.
What is ICS and SCADA system:
Vulnerabilities which are exploited are:
STUXNET Vulnerability:(One of the example )
What made Stuxnet so perilous was that it self-recreated and spread all through numerous frameworks using different methods, for example,
• Removable drives misusing a weakness permitting auto-execution.
• Local zone organizations (LANs) abusing a weakness in the Windows Print Spooler.
• Server Message Block (SMB) utilized for giving shared admittance to records, printers, and different gadgets by misusing a weakness in the Microsoft Windows Server Service.
• Network record sharing by duplicating and executing itself.
•Siemens WinCC HMI information base worker by replicating and executing itself.
• Siemens Step 7 by replicating itself into Step 7 activities in such a way that it is consequently executed when Step 7 undertaking is stacked.
Platform Hardware Vulnerabilities
IT systems were compromised of :
• Passwords treat and program history by infusing their modules into various programs to capture client meetings.
• Computer network associations.
• Processes and organizers.
• BIOS and CMOS RAM subtleties.
• Local, organization, and removable drive data.
Controls that can be implemented to protect from attack:
ICS keeps on modernizing, an expanding number of Internet of Things (IoT) gadgets are acquainted with improve profitability and upgrade framework control. With the utilization of related IoT gadgets; measure controls, information checking, and correspondence with different frameworks are made less difficult. Be that as it may, there are chances included when shrewd gadgets are utilized for such assignments.
Yes, there are proper standards for protecting ICS Security Related Standards, Guidelines, and Policy Documents. Addition III of the report "Securing Industrial Control Systems".