In: Mechanical Engineering
A 1-cm diameter UO2 fuel rod with zirconium clad of thickness 0.025 cm develops 16.4 kW/m. The coolant heat transfer coefficient is 7000 W/m2 oC, and the fluid saturation temperature is 280 oC. Assume any missing data, and write all assumptions
1) Write the 1D steady state conduction equation of the fuel rod and the clad,
2) Find the thermal conductivity of the fuel and the clad,
3) Specify the boundary conditions,
4) Write the solution of the equation for the fuel and the clad,
5) Compute the heat flux at the surface of the fuel,
6) What is the temperature at the center of the fuel rod?
7) What is the temperature at the surface of the fuel rod?
8) What is the temperature at the surface of the clad?
9) How much the maximum and minimum temperatures and where is each?
10) What is the total rate of heat (Watts) at the fuel-clad interface and coolant-clad interface?