- used to optimize the functionality and security of mobile
devices such as smartphones and tablets and laptops.
- implemented with the use of a third-party product that has
management features for particular vendors of mobile devices
- protecting the device and the data at all 3 stages - at rest,
in use, and in transit.
- Function through or with multiple service providers
- Customize, according to company policy and or
- Integrate with the already existing IT, administrative, and
- Enable the remote configuration, locking, wiping, detection,
and encryption of devices
- Report on device activity
eg: Jamf Pro,Fleetsmith,Rippling,Blackberry
UEM,Scalefusion,ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager, PlusJamf
- used to the management of the entire app lifecycle such as
installation,deletion and updating of apps
- focus on distributing and managing apps to authorized users in
a simple, self-service manner
- allows to distribute and manage apps without having to manage
the entire device.
- One-time setup.
- Management is completely remote and doesn't require possession
of the device.
- Requires minimal admin intervention and zero user action.
- App delivery,updating,version management,configuration,wrapping
and performance monitoring
- User authentication and crash log reporting
- User & group access control and Push services
- Reporting and tracking
- Usage analytics and event management
eg: Pulse Secure's Workspace,ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager
Plus,IBM MaaS360 with Watson,Arxan,Appaloosa Store,SOTI