Write the thesis proposal in "Effec of CSR on financial performance of companies "?
A CSR initiative of a corporate is not a selfless act of giving, Companies derive long term benifits from the CSR initiatives and it is this enlightened self interest which is driving the CSR in Companies.
Effects of CSR on Financial Performance:
1. CSR creates a favourable public image, which attracts customers. Reputation or brand equity of the products of a company which understands and demonstrates its social responsibilities is very high. Customers trust the products of such a company and are willing to pay a premium on its products.
2. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities have its advantages. It builds up a positive image encouraging social involvement of employees, which in turn develops a sense of loyalty towards the organization, helping in creating a dedicated workforce proud of its company. Employees like to contribute to the cause of creating a better society. Employees become champions of a company for which they are proud to work. Reduced Employees' Turnover reduces cost hence increases profit.
3. Society gains through better neighborhoods and employment opportunities, while the organisation benefits from a better community, which is the main source of its workforce and the consumer of its products.
4. The company's social involvement discourages excessive regulation or intervention from the Government or statutory bodies, and hence gives greater freedom and flexibility in decision-making.Profitable Decisions can be taken without any interference.
5.The internal activities of the organisation have an impact on the external environment, since the society is an inter-dependent system.
6.. A business organisation has a great deal of power and money, entrusted upon it by the society and should be accompanied by an equal amount of responsibility. In other words, there should be a balance between the authority and responsibility.
7. The good public image secured by one organisation by their social responsiveness encourages other organizations in the neighborhood or in the professional group to adapt themselves to achieve their social responsiveness.
8. The atmosphere of social responsiveness encourages co-operative attitude between groups of companies. One company can advise or solve social problems that other organizations could not solve.
9. A company with its “ear to the ground” through regular stakeholder dialogue is in a better position to anticipate and respond to regulatory, economic, social and environmental changes that may occur.
10. Financial institutions are increasingly incorporating social and environmental criteria into their assessment of projects. When making decisions about where to place their money, investors are looking for indicators of effective CSR management.
11. In a number of jurisdictions, governments have expedited approval processes for firms that have undertaken social and environmental activities beyond those required by regulations.
Please do not forget to upvote my solution if you like the same.
Feel free to ask any query via comments.