Effective techniques for team decision making are as
- Brainstorm: It is a decision-making technique
generally used generating for innovative and creative ideas. In
this technique, the problem is represented by the leader and the
group gives ideas based on round-robin format.
- Nominal Group Technique: This technique helps
in evaluating alternatives for the problems. During this technique,
group members are required to write their ideas after spending five
to ten minutes on the problem without having any kind of discussion
in the group.
- Delphi Method: With the help of this method,
group reach to consensus and it is basically like a traditional
expert polls. It is generally used for forecasting.
- Dialectical Inquiry: During this technique,
all alternatives are considered by decision makers. A debate is
conducted on all alternatives to reached most favoured
The strategies for avoiding potential liabilities in
team decision-making are as follows:
- It is good to anitcipate Groupthink in the risk plan and limit
your team size to ensure well defined boundaries for the purpose of
- Inviting external perspectives in the process at various stages
to protect external view points.
- Always keep in mind to develop an alternative or second
solution. Second solution must be different from the first
- Try to lenghten the discussion phase by delaying the